Welcome to your Talis Resource Lists Guide!
This guide has been developed by the Liaison Librarians Team to support academic colleagues with managing their Talis Resource Lists. Talis Resource Lists are managed through the Talis Aspire software purchased by the University and have the following advantages:
1. They provide a very user-friendly interface which makes it very easy to add resources to your lists anytime anywhere.
2. Talis Resource Lists are publicly available and, as such, very easy for students to access as they do not need to log in to view them.
3. Your resource lists are dynamic pages which means that they link students straight to the resources we hold (either electronically or to the catalogue record of print books and journals) as well as anything freely available on the internet which you may add to them e.g. YouTube videos, articles, blogs, websites etc.
4. Students can manage their reading through various features available to them within Talis Aspire.
5. Students like the above features which means the resource lists can contribute to increasing student satisfaction with their studying experience at QMU.
5. Academic colleagues are able to edit these lists anytime anywhere by just logging into Talis with their usual Shibboleth username and password.
6. As soon as lists are edited, any changes can instantly be published with the click of a button.
7. Training and support is available from your liaison librarian.
Talis lists work best with Chrome. To find your Talis list, go to Library (LRC) on our QMU homepage, click Library Resources and Talis Resource Lists.
Here is a direct link: https://qmu.rl.talis.com/index.html
Before you start, you must first complete steps 1 and 2, and read step 3 which applies to all paragraphs.