We recommend EndNote Web for Undergraduate and Masters students. It has all the functionality you need to store and use references, plus customised styles. It can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
There are two versions of EndNote Web:
The free version, EndNote Basic, accessible to anyone. You can log in to EndNote Web and use the free online version of the tool online.
QMU's subscription to EndNote Premium, accessible only after setting up EndNote Desktop, which has more features and functionality. Follow the instructions below on registering for an EndNote account to make sure you have access to the Premium version.
To activate your Premium account
Please note that EndNote Desktop and the Word plugin have been installed on the QMU desktop and remote desktop. This means that you can access it from your own device using the remote access VMware Horizon tool if you need/prefer to. If you need to install it on your own device to activate your Premium account, follow the steps below.
1. Click the link below to install the software on your own device - select the right one for the type of device you are using
2. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the serial number and product key to allow you to fully install EndNote
This video covers:
How to set up the bibliographic style (Harvard or APA)
Manually adding references
Checking for duplicates
Creating a reference list through Endnote Online account
To create a bibliography (i.e. reference list):
1. Hover over Format on the top menu and click Bibliography
2. Select the folder of references you want to make a list of using the drop down References menu
3. Select the referencing style you want to use from the drop down Bibliographic Style menu or click Select Favorites if you haven't done this before
4. Choose the referencing style you want from the list of All styles - please note, if you are using Harvard referencing, the correct version to select is Cite Them Right-Harvard
5. Click Copy To Favourites then select from the Bibliographic style drop down menu
6. Select the file format you want from the drop down menu and then click the button to save, email, or preview and print