Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to register with BLOD to create an account
To receive electronic items from the British Library you need to create an account with their British Library On demand service. The process is quick and simple and you only need to do it once.
You should place your ILL for a journal article or book chapter via the Library website in the usual manner.
When the QMU Library has received the email from BLOD containing the link to your document it will forward this to your QMU email address.
- Click the BLOD link within the email to start your registration
- Click the Register button
- Complete the form, providing your QMU email address (ending with @qmu.ac.uk). It is recommended that when creating a username you do not include the "@" symbol in it as this can this can cause documents to fail to open. QMU Library recommends that you use your QMU staff or students ID as your username.
- The British Library will send then you an email to activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email. It is important that you wait for this email and activate your account. You will not be able to use your account until you do so.
- Login to your account when prompted, add additional information as required, agree with the terms and conditions and finish your registration.
- You will receive a message from the British Library confirming your registration. The email will ask you "If you work or study at an institution which has an existing Business Account with On Demand...". QMU does have such an account and you do not need to forward this email to the LRC.