Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to your subject guide to link you to the books, journals, key databases, new research and other online resources for Drama, Theatre and Performing Arts.
If you're not sure where to start, let these pages be your inspiration.
- Books: for information about searching QMU's Discover tool and library catalogue
- Journals: for suggestions of key journals in your field and how to search them
- Databases: for suggestions on useful databases for your subject and how to use them
- Useful websites: for relevant and high quality websites in your subject area
- Research methods: for information about how to do research well
- Other libraries' resources: where you can go to find resources QMU might not have, or libraries closer to you
- Referencing: everything you need to know about referencing in the QMU Harvard style
LGBTQ+ Playwrights on Drama Online
Drama Online have selected one play written by each of them over the past decade and these are free to view until September 2021.
Your Resource Lists
Talis Resource Lists for modules within Drama and Performing Arts
Study skills support
Effective Learning Service
The Effective Learning Service (ELS) offer guidance and support to all students who wish to develop their academic writing and study skills. Their aim is to help you become as self-reliant as possible as you progress through your degree programmes here at QMU.
Study Skills Workshops
Do you want to find out:
- What ‘studying’ is all about?
- Tips and strategies for independent learning?
- Effective ways to plan, write and research?
Click below to view upcoming workshops run by the Effective Learning Service.
QMU has partnered with Studiosity, an external online service accessed via the Hub, to provide 24/7 constructive feedback on key elements of academic writing to all first year undergraduate students. This service is additional to the support offered by our Effective Learning Service.
Studiosity will review your draft work and give you quick feedback about how to improve your academic writing style.
Help videos from ELS
The Effective Learning Service has put together a series of videos to help you develop key academic skills:
ArtsProfessional publishes news and current events about professional interest in the arts sector. You need to use QMU remote access to view paywalled material in this resource.
The library is running a series of workshops, scheduled throughout the year, on topics to help you with finding, accessing and using resources and tools for your work.
To find out what workshops are available, and to book a place, please visit our Eventbrite page.